This is not a top ten list, but rather a totally random list of things I like. listed in alphabetical order of course, and complete with links where possible.
1. Better Off Ted. We started watching this show on Netfix and really enjoy it, and of course we found out it was cancelled after only 26 episodes.
It really should have had a better run, it has a great cast, and many laugh out loud jokes in each episode. If it has anything working against it you could say it is a bit like the Office, a bit like Parks and Recreation, and a bit like Madmen, and they break the fourth wall a bit too much.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Crinkles. My wife made these cookies on the weekend, and they are fantastic. The recipe is from the most recent issue of Canadian Living. Jane adapted the recipe, and made them gluten free. The kids didn’t like them because there are no chocolate chips in them so We had to eat them all. I like that the kids didn’t like them!
3. Goat’s milk Soap. I really like this soap, it doesn’t dry my skin. I also like goats. They’re funny.
4. Lee Valley Tools catalog. I love getting catalogs and one of my favorite is the Lee Valley Tools catalog. I keep it in the bathroom. I wish I had lots of money, and I would give it all to Lee Valley Tools. I have ordered several things from this company and the quality of their products is excellent.
5. Liberte Mediterranee yogurt. I really love this stuff. High fat content, and it doesn’t have that bad aftertaste of aspartame that many brands of yogurt seem to have. Favourite flavors in our household are, blackberry, orange and mango, and lemon.
6. Melissa and Doug Toys. Our kids have several toys from toy company Melissa and Doug. The kids really love to play with them, and they give them a real beating. Our daughter has a toy barn that has held up very well considering how much it is used for other things than a barn. They make a great line of puzzles too.
7. PPA Perfect Paper adhesive, Matte. I use this stuff when working with collage. I’ve tried many different adhesives and I find this has a strong bond with many different types of paper, and I can paint over it. It is acid free, and UV protective. I prefer the matte version.
8. The Standard of Ur. My wife and I were in a gallery of the British Museum when we came across a huge crowd gathered around a display case. There were so many people it was impossible to see what they were looking at, and it must have been impossible for most of them to see also.
When we turned away we realized we were standing next to a display case that had no one near it, and in the display case was the Standard of Ur. One of the most beautiful objects ever made, and something I always wanted to see. We had it to ourselves.Never did find out what everyone else was looking at.
9. Staples Sonix Gel Pen. I like gel pens. I like these.
10. Tengucho white by Awagami. I use this paper with collage. I like to lay it on the top layer of a collage and then paint, and draw over it. It creates a great luminous surface.