As I photographed my Long Series I thought these three stood out as being strangely hard edged. Most of the paintings in the series are fairly loose, and I liked how these worked out. They aren’t successful, but they are an interesting experiment within an experiment.
I started cleaning up the bits and pieces of paper left over from a couple years of work. I tend to be messy when I’m working and things pile up. But whenever I finish a project I like to try to make things a little cleaner before beginning another project.
The end result is that I sorted things into boxes, and I also glued a pile of paper together to make 11.5 x 16.5 inch sheets of paper. I placed these sheets in another box, and my intention is to make a series of paintings from this pile.