This is not a top ten list, but rather a totally random list of things I like, listed in alphabetical order of course, and complete with links where possible.
1. Caramel Popcorn. A sticky tasty treat that adults probably love more than children do. I find it brings back memories of childhood, and I probably didn’t eat much of it when I was a child.
2. Checkers. A great fun game for everyone in the family to play and learn how to cheat. Because there is nothing worse than fairly winning a game of checkers.
3. Chess. Ditto.
4. Picture Framers Point Gun. A handy tool for driving brads into wooden picture frames. Lee Valley sells the most affordable one I’ve come across, and it’s extremely well made.
5. Picture Wire. Useful for many things, and you can hang pictures with it.
6. Sea Gulls. There is nothing more enjoyable than the call of Sea Gulls as the fight for french fries in the parking lots of fast food restaurants. Also it’s good luck if they poop on you.
7. Shovels. I’m going to need some soon. I like to have 2 shovels, one lightweight shovel with a long handle for cleaning walkways and driveways, and one heavy shovel with a short handle for smashing my way through the large snowbanks that block my walkways and driveway.
8. Studded Winter Tires. After I clear the driveway I tend to rely on the studded tires to do the rest. I do find they help when stopping in icy conditions, and I haven’t been stuck in my driveway since we got them. Noisy though.
9. Road Salt. To hell with the environment! Winter sucks and I want to spend as little time as possible chipping away at sheets of ice. I throw the salt across the decks, steps, and walkways when it’s hip busting season.
10. Toddler Beds. I put one of these together last night, and it’s great to be rid of the large crib that Sam was in. It went together fairly easily. Now if I can only get him to sleep in it!