April has been a disappointment, and shouldn’t be considered a proper month. I did manage to get some busy work done. I put backing papers and wire on a few framed paintings. I battled and lost with a painting that got out of hand, and I picked up a few scraps of paper that littered the studio floor…and our car came down with a bad case of flat tire. It rained, and it snowed, and my daughter woke me up at 5. However Jane made some great oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! So it’s been a great day really.
This is a weekly list I’ve decided to do for fun. It is a list of 5 things, persons, events, or places that I think are worth watching … some probably from a safe distance. To make things easier and less contensious the list is alphabetical.
This weeks list is about 5 brilliant arts related video channels that can be found on Youtube,Vimeo, or specific websites. These channels range from professional high quality to rough and ready. All are informative, and some are addictive.
1. Abstract Critical is a not-for-profit organisation establishing a new critical platform for anyone with an interest in abstract art.
2. Art21 Art21 is a nonprofit organization founded in 1997 with the mission to increase knowledge of contemporary art, ignite discussion, and inspire creative thinking by presenting artists at work and in their own words.
3. Gorkey’s Grandaughter Gorky’s Granddaughter is a documentary art project. They visit studios and talk to artists.
4. James Kalm Rough Cuts James Kalm is the foremost art vlogger in the world, having invented the spontaneous onlline video art review. His other YouTube channel “The James Kalm Report”
5. Tate Channel Filmed artist talks and interviews, studio visits, and exhibitions from the United Kingdom’s Tate gallery.